- 100g (4oz) Avonmore butter, at room temperature
- 100g (4oz) icing sugar
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 100g (4oz) ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
- • large pinch ground cinnamon
- • 300g Raspberries
- • 2 oz White Chocolate Pieces
- • 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
For the pastry:
- 100g (4oz) butter, diced and chilled
- 175g (6oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- pinch of salt
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 250ml Avonmore Fresh Dessert Cream
- To make the pastry, place the butter, flour, salt and sugar in a kitchen mixer and blend briefly until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and water and mix together again briefly until the soft dough has formed. Cover in clingfilm and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F), Gas mark 5. To make the almond filling, using electric whisk, cream the butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Add the flour and almonds and gradually beat in the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat for another 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Fold in the white chocolate pieces.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface, line a 23cm (9in) fluted loose-bottomed flan tin with the pastry. Chill again for 15 minutes. Spread the almond filling in the pastry base and carefully arrange the raspberries on top, gently pressing them into the filling.
- Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes until the tart is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Garnish with raspberries and serve with Avonmore Fresh Dessert Cream, which is already slightly sweetened & ready to pour