Makes approximately 30 flapjacks.
This is a wheat free recipe.
175g (7oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
175g (7oz) Flahavan’s Jumbo Oat Flakes
200g (7oz) Butter or Margarine
100g (4oz) Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Golden Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan with the sugar and golden syrup. Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the oatflakes.
- Tip the mixture into a swiss roll tin (22cm x 33cm, 9’’ x 13’’) lined with parchment and press it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked, coat with melted chocolate as a special treat.
- Cut into squares while still warm and leave to cool in the tin.
These nutritious flapjacks keep very well in a tin. Children love their crunchy texture and they make an ideal addition to any lunchbox.
Flahavan’s Porridge and Chia Bia liked