Ingredients, 10 Count
Nutrition, 456 Calories
Total Time, 20 Mins
- 200g dark chocolate – not too dark, around 50-60% cocoa solids
- 25g butter
- 4 very fresh eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- Good quality lemon curd
- 250g Glenisk Organic Crème Fraîche
- Icing sugar
- Dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- Flaked almonds and Christmas themed sprinkles if wished
- Melt the 200g dark chocolate with the butter in a pyrex bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Do not stir the chocolate just leave it alone.
- Grate in the zest of 1/2 a lemon.
- Remove from the heat and stir gently once melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes approx.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the chocolate combining thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then add caster sugar, beat again until thick and glossy.
- Take one big tablespoon of the egg white and beat well into the chocolate to loosen the mixture.
- Fold the remaining egg white gently into the chocolate with a metal spoon until fully combined.
- Spoon into pretty glasses or dishes leaving space at the top and chill for 2-4 hours until set. This dessert is rich and decadent so small portions are necessary!
- Toast almonds on a dry pan until golden then leave to cool.
- Remove the mousse from the fridge, spoon a layer of lemon curd over the top.
- Chop or grate dark chocolate coarsely and add to the Glenisk Organic Creme Fraiche with 1 teaspoon of icing sugar approximately.
- Spoon the creme fraiche on top of the lemon curd.
- Sprinkle over some flaked almonds on top of the dessert just before serving.
- Decorate with a shake of icing sugar, a few more shavings of chocolate, and some Christmas sprinkles / silver balls / edible glitter.