Why not bake these delicious baked berry squares with oats?! Perfect for an afternoon of cooking with the kids.
235 g rolled Flahavan’s oats
90 g blueberries
120 g apple compote
40 g brown sugar
240 ml skimmed milk
15 g milled flaxseed
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F/gas 4.
Mix the oats, eggs, blueberries, apple compote, brown sugar, skimmed milk, flaxseed, baking
powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt together in a large bowl. Then pour into a 33 × 23 × 5 cm baking tin.
Bake in the oven until the liquid is absorbed and the oats are tender, about 25–30 minutes.
Cut into 12 equal-sized portions.
#BlueMonday calls for this little pick me up, this Chocolate and Beetroot Cake will do the job! #RecipeOfTheDay https://www.pritchitts.com/recipes/chocolate-beetroot-cake … #BlueMonday calls for this little pick me up, this Chocolate and Beetroot Cake will do the job! #RecipeOfTheDay https://www.pritchitts.com/recipes/chocolate-beetroot-cake …
CategoryOur Top Picks
Cook Time40-50 mins
What you need:
- 115g/4oz Odlums Coconut Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 4 tbsp of water
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Apples (peeled & cored)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Beat butter/margarine, sugar and water together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Roughly chop 2½ apples and stir into the mixture, then transfer to the prepared loaf tin.
- Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes approx. Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- To finish, dust with sieved icing sugar. Enjoy!