This is just gorgeous. Simple food is always the best:
#recipeoftheday is Italian Roast Chicken with Peppers and Olives https://www.nigella.com/recipes/italian-roast-chicken-with-peppers-and-olives …
Our chef eoin in the canoe collecting meadowsweet for Fridays wedding
Farmhouse Irish blue cheese made with grass-fed cow’s milk makes the perfect pairing for fresh grilled peaches. As an appetizer or a gourmet snack, they make for a sweet, creamy treat perfect for outdoor grilling. They can also be made on the stovetop using a grill pan for a year-round taste of Irish summer.
- 4 firm-ripe freestone peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz. crumbled Kerrygold Cashel Blue Farmhouse Cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey
Heat a gas or charcoal grill. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. With a melon baller, scoop out a little flesh to enlarge the cavity where the pit was removed. Brush peaches lightly with olive oil on both sides. Place peaches on grill, cut side down. Grill about 2 minutes or until grill marks form. Turn over and grill for 2 minutes more. Place peaches on a serving platter, cut side up. Fill holes where pit was removed with Kerrygold Cashel Blue Farmhouse Cheese and drizzle peaches with honey. Serve warm.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 150ml Kerrymaid Double
- 400g washed baby spinach
- 1 large pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large sauté pan on the stove and turn the heat on low. Add the oil followed by the shallots and cook for 6-8 minutes or until translucent.
- Next add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the Kerrymaid Double.
- Allow to come to the boil before adding the spinach. Cook the spinach until wilted.
- Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg before blending to a rough puree.
- Grate over a little more nutmeg and swirl with Kerrymaid Double before serving.
We make our ice cream from scratch for all of our lunches, weddings and events. We have a gelato machine in our kitchen specifically for this purpose. This one is a fragrant and delicious meadowsweet ice-cream using meadowsweet harvested from around the estate.