Big & little kids alike, you are never too old to enjoy some summer ice-cream. Indulge this weekend with the perfect grown-up sweet treat & whip up our Vanilla Ice-Cream with Oatmeal Crunch and Warm Chocolate, Dark Rum and Coffee sauce. Recipe on our Facebook page.
125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour Pinch of Salt 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar 1 Egg 150ml/1/4 pint Milk Oil for frying
- Sieve flour, salt and caster sugar into a bowl.
- Add the egg and beat while adding the milk. Mix until mixture becomes smooth.
- Cover and allow to stand for about an hour.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serve with butter and jam.
- Delicious hot, with butter.
- Serve with Rowse Honey.
- Crème fraiche and fresh fruit.
Chef Anna Haugh
Dark chocolate, raspberries… this delectable tart is a beautiful addition to any menu this
#AfternoonTeaWeek and is our #RecipeOfTheDay https://www.pritchitts.com/recipes/raspberry-tartlets …
A healthy, vegetarian classic with Dairygold Lighter. Full of good fats and protein, it’s proven to please even the fussiest of eaters!
- Dairygold Lighter
- Half an Avocado, mashed
- 50g of Spinach leaves
- 15g of feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
Thinly spread some Dairygold Lighter on the outside of the bread, and place them on a hot grill.
Grill each side until toasted about 2 minutes.
Mash avocado with a fork, add the chopped spinach leaves, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and spoon it evenly in bread slices.
Crumbled the feta inside, slice and serve immediately!
about 15 minutes
4 servings, 1 skewer per serving.
As if melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter wasn’t enough to make the perfect shrimp, our Garlic & Herb Butter adds aromatic flavor that truly brings this dish to life. Coupled with the zing of citrus and fresh ginger, this light seafood skewer really sizzles.
- 4 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 24 large or 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, julienne vegetables and cilantro leaves (optional)
Cut the bottom 1/3 off each lemongrass stalk, then cut in half horizontally (reserve tops to use as skewers). Pull out tender centers and finely chop enough to make 2 tablespoons. Make a small slit in each shrimp and thread equal amounts onto lemongrass skewers; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter. Add lemongrass and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add sherry, lemon juice and honey and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes; stir in salt. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill shrimp over medium coals for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until shrimp is lightly charred and is completely pink and cooked through. Place skewers over noodles or rice and vegetables, if you like, and drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Garnish with cilantro leaves.