It’s never too early to start baking..#flahavans #foodaware
Making Anzac cookies. I don’t know what they are, but I do know that I will eat at least half of them… 🐷
Rachel’s Cookies and Cream Cheesecake #foodaware
- For the double chocolate chip cookies
- makes 20 large cookies
- 225 g (8oz) butter, softened
- 325 g (111/2oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g (8oz) plain flour
- 75 g (3oz) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 175 g (6oz) dark chocolate (55–70% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces, or dark chocolate chips
- For the cheesecake
- 15 g (1/2oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- 25 ml (1fl oz) strong coffee, such as espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500 g (1lb 2oz) mascarpone
- 400 ml (14fl oz) double or regular cream
- 50 g (2oz) icing sugar
- 50 g (2oz) dark chocolate (55–75% cocoa solids), grated, for sprinkling
- 9-12 of the double chocolate chip cookies
- 23cm (9in) diameter spring-form cake tin
- Place the butter in a large bowl and beat until very soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Crack in one egg at a time, beating between each addition, then add the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then add the chocolate pieces/chips and fold in to combine. Alternatively, place all the ingredients except the chocolate pieces/chips in a food processor and whiz briefly until they come together, then fold in the chocolate.
- With wet hands, form the dough into balls each the size of a golf ball (or use two soup spoons to scoop up and shape the same amount of dough). Arrange on the prepared baking sheets, placing 6–7 balls of dough on each sheet and leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10–14 minutes or until the cookies look slightly cracked on top. (With three baking sheets, you will need to cook them in three batches, or two batches in a fan oven.) Take out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove from the baking sheets using a palette knife or metal fish slice and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla extract, mascarpone, cream and icing sugar for 1–2 minutes or until thick.
- Arrange one-third (3–4) of the cookies in the bottom of the cake tin, then spread over one-third of the chocolate cream mixture. Add a second layer of cookies, then another layer of chocolate cream, followed by a final layer of cookies and a final layer of chocolate cream.
- Use a spatula to smooth the top layer of chocolate cream, then cover the tin with cling film and place in the fridge to chill for eight hours or overnight.
- To remove the cheesecake from the cake tin, run a small, sharp knife around the cheesecake to loosen the edges, then unfasten the clip and lift away the sides of the tin. Using a palette knife or a metal fish slice, loosen the cheesecake from the base of the tin and carefully slide off onto a plate. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate to serve.
Odlums Fruit Cake. So easy to bake.
Fruit Cake So easy to bake
350g of Raisins
350g of Sultanas 1
25g of Currants,
Tub of Cherries,
50g Chopped Almond Nuts,
2 teaspoons of Mixed Spice,
1 teaspoon of Ground Ginger,
Grated Rind Zest of 1 large Orange,
2-3 Tablespoons of Whiskey,
1 Tablespoon of Treacle
mix all together and leave for a couple of days .
500g of Plain Flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder,
350g of soft brown sugar,
6 eggs ,
Cream butter and mix together the sugar , slowly beat in the eggs, and mix the sieve flour and baking powder, then mixed the fruit into the cream mixture, bake in 8inch round tin lined in baking paper and cover the outer tin in brown paper and bake for 3& 1/2 hours@ 140c #odlumsflour #odlums #bakingpowder #kerrygoldbutter #whiskey #whiteflour #rtéfood #raisons #sultanas #currants #cherries🍒 #treacle #margaretseggs #bbcgoodfoodrecipes #bbcgoodfood #bbcgoodfoodmagazine #almondnuts🌰 #orangerind #fruitcakes #teacakes #teacake #fruitcake🍰 #fruitcakes #rtefood #bakinglove #odlumsireland #christmascake
Rachel Allen’s courgette, mint and goats cheese frittata #foodaware
Neven Maguire’s Mashed Potatoes @macneanhouseandrestaurant #foodaware
Odlums chocolate biscuit cake recipe #foodaware
Pasta with Mozzarella and Tomatoes in Garlic and Herb Butter @KerrygoldUSA #foodaware
- halved grape tomatoes
- Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter
- cooked linguine
- small boccaccini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese
- snipped fresh basil
Stir halved grape tomatoes into melted Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter; cook for 2 minutes to heat tomatoes. Toss with hot, cooked linguine, adding additional butter to taste; season with salt and pepper. Stir small boccaccini (fresh mozzarella balls) into hot pasta. Cook just until cheese starts to melt. Top with with shredded Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese and snipped fresh basil.
Sticky Ginger Pudding tonight @nevenmaguire @RTEOne @Bordbia @Kylemore
The best bakes start with the best butter.#lakeland #foodaware
#bakes start with the best butter from the Emerald Isle! 8/10 people prefer the food they eat to be made from natural, pure and creamy butter #AfternoonTeaWeek #BetterWithButter