Looking for healthy treat inspiration this evening? Why not try pizza for dessert…with an Oat based twist! The perfect midweek treat to keep those energy levels up! #Flahavans #Summer #PizzaParty
Peanut & Coconut Pizza
120g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
2tbsp peanut butter
2tbsp coconut oil
60ml golden syrup
25g pumpkin seeds
10g sunflower seeds
4tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 170°c / 150° fan / gas mark 3. Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and golden syrup in a small pan over low heat, stirring to melt everything together.
2. Place the Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers seeds, flaxseed and desiccated coconut in a mixing bowl and pour over the melted ingredients and mix together.
3. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose spring form cake tin and flatten down using the back of a metal spoon. Push the mixture up slightly higher round the edges to form an indentation for the toppings.
4. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until tinged golden brown round the edges. Leave to cool before removing from the tin.
5. Cut into eight wedges then spoon over the yoghurt (we love coconut yoghurt!) and spread out into an even layer. Top each slice with freshly cut fruit of your choice and enjoy!
100g (4oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets (plus extra for topping)
50g (2oz) Flahavan’s Oat Bran
150g (6oz) self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g (3oz) brown sugar
100g (4oz) pitted dates, finely chopped (or any dried fruit you have)
1 beaten egg
250g (10oz) Natural yogurt
100g (4oz) melted butter
125g (5oz) Blueberries (or any fresh or frozen fruit you have)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas mark 4).
2. Place the oats, oat bran, flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and dates into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Then add the egg, yogurt and cooled melted butter to the bowl, stir gently to combine and fold in the blueberries.
4. Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cases and divide the mixture between the cases.
5. Sprinkle oats on top of each muffin and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
Serve warm or cold.
Rainy days make me want to curl up by a window with a nice book and hot chocolate 🌧 this came with a delightful homemade marshmallow ☕️
- 1 cup (1 brick) Kerrygold Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 2/3 cup for the filling and a little extra for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs, plus an extra for egg wash
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 to 5) tart crisp apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, quartered, cored, and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
It’s my 100% sourdough version of ‘bairín breac’ or ‘barm brack’… Cranberries apricots and raisins soaked in spiced chai tea… a little bit of rye for flavour and topped with a spiced tea glaze 👌
Perfect with a cuppa ☕…
This is just gorgeous. Simple food is always the best:
#recipeoftheday is Italian Roast Chicken with Peppers and Olives https://www.nigella.com/recipes/italian-roast-chicken-with-peppers-and-olives …
Our chef eoin in the canoe collecting meadowsweet for Fridays wedding