Fresh #Crab in this morning.
Baking with Kids
Cook Time15-20 mins
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- 75g/3oz Butter or Margarine
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Fruitfield Raspberry Jam
- Extra Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Mix to a fairly stiff consistency with the egg and milk. Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, spaced apart on the prepared tins. Makes about 12.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer buns to wire tray to cool.
- Brush the top with jam and dip in the extra coconut.