Tasty & savoury, check out our Cranberry & Brie tarts for a real festive treat!
What you need:
Short crust Pastry
- 225g/8oz Odlums Strong flour – Sieved
- Good pinch of salt
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 1 Pinch of Goodalls Rosemary (optional)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp of cold water
- Jar of Cranberry Sauce
- 200g Brie Cheese
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease 2 x 12 shallow bun trays.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl, grate the butter and mix lightly with the tips of the fingers to combine. Add the rosemary (if using) and gradually add small amounts of cold water. Use a knife instead of a wooden spoon as the metal will be colder and will help bring your ingredients together better.
- Mix until the mixture forms a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured worktop and lightly knead it.
- Dust your rolling pin with a little flour and roll it out until the pastry becomes quite thin as this will rise during baking.
- Use a cookie/scone cutter and cut out rounds. Put the rounds into shallow cupcake/bun trays.
- Pierce the pastry with a fork before putting them into the oven to bake.
- Once you have done this pop the baking tray into the top shelve of the oven for no more than 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take out the baked pastry so you can fill them. Leave the oven on as these will need to go back in for a further 5 minutes
- In each round, place a small dollop of cranberry sauce, topped with a cube of Brie put them back in the oven for 5 minutes. Top shelf and at the same temperature as above.
Sprinkle with some black pepper and garnish with a little greenery, like parsley or chopped chives. Serve with a side salad. You could also replace the Brie with some Goats cheese.