Apple and Blackberry Flan
What you need:
- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 50g/2oz Margarine
- Few Tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 Cooking Apple (peeled and sliced)
- 50g/2oz Butter (melted and cooled)
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Muscavado Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Good Pinch Cinnamon
- 175g/6oz Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a 20cms/8″ flan dish or loose bottomed tin.
- Make the pastry by putting the flour into a bowl, coarsely rub in the margarine then add sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Lightly roll on some flour then roll out and use to line the prepared tin. Cover and leave in fridge while making up the filling.
- In a bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg and cinnamon. Gently stir the blackberries into this.
- Remove pastry from fridge and arrange the apples on the base of the pastry, next gently spread over the blackberry mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until nicely risen and a deep brown colour.
- Can be served hot or cold
Blueberries can replace the blackberries if liked!