It’s my 100% sourdough version of ‘bairín breac’ or ‘barm brack’… Cranberries apricots and raisins soaked in spiced chai tea… a little bit of rye for flavour and topped with a spiced tea glaze 👌
Perfect with a cuppa ☕…
- Skill Accomplished
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3/4 box of Barilla® Jumbo Shells
- 1 jar of Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 ounces of frozen asparagus, chopped and cooked
- 1 1/2 cup prosciutto chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse cooked shells under cold water and drain.
- Cover and set aside.
whipped up on RTÉ this evening. Meaty mackerel cakes with ginger, green chilli and a cous-cous coating to give a lovely crunch. We’re looking forward to recreating! Here’s the recipe kerrygold.com/ie/recipes/mac
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablesp chives, chopped
- 1 tablesp basil chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 50g cream cheese, diced
- 75g smoked salmon, thinly sliced and chopped
- Red onion slices to garnish
- Salad leaves and bread to serve
Set the grill to high.To cook, whisk the eggs with the chives, basil and seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil. Pour in the egg mixture, stir for a moment or two, allowing the liquid egg to flow on to the base of the pan. Scatter on the cream cheese and continue cooking until the egg is almost set but still moist on top, add the smoked salmon pieces, press on salmon lightly. Place the pan under the hot grill to finish cooking 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, and then loosen edge with spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Garnish with red onion slices.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Add more milk to adjust consistency.
- Pour into two tall glasses and serve.