275g/10oz Odlums Cream Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
75g/3oz Butter (melted)
2 Eggs (beaten)
300ml/½ pint Milk
2 tablespoons Shamrock Brown Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease or line muffin tins with paper cases.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat the melted butter, eggs and milk together until frothy, add to the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix all together with a fork until evenly combined, then, stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of each muffin, if used and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the tins then transfer to a wire tray to cool completely before serving.