225g/8oz Odlums Gluten Free Tritamyl Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Goodalls Vanilla Essence
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
Grated Rind of Lemon
175g/6oz Icing Sugar
Juice of Lemon
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb Loaf tin.
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and next beat in the milk with vanilla essence.
- Gently stir in the flour until completely combined and finally stir in the poppy seeds and lemon rind.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking prepare the glaze by heating the sugar and lemon juice over a low heat stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- When cake is baked allow it to stay in the tin to “set” for 10 minutes then pierce top of cake with a fork or toothpick and pour over the glaze.
- When completely cold store in an airtight container.