- Skill Accomplished
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3/4 box of Barilla® Jumbo Shells
- 1 jar of Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 9 ounces of frozen asparagus, chopped and cooked
- 1 1/2 cup prosciutto chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse cooked shells under cold water and drain.
- Cover and set aside.
whipped up on RTÉ this evening. Meaty mackerel cakes with ginger, green chilli and a cous-cous coating to give a lovely crunch. We’re looking forward to recreating! Here’s the recipe kerrygold.com/ie/recipes/mac
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablesp chives, chopped
- 1 tablesp basil chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 50g cream cheese, diced
- 75g smoked salmon, thinly sliced and chopped
- Red onion slices to garnish
- Salad leaves and bread to serve
Set the grill to high.To cook, whisk the eggs with the chives, basil and seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil. Pour in the egg mixture, stir for a moment or two, allowing the liquid egg to flow on to the base of the pan. Scatter on the cream cheese and continue cooking until the egg is almost set but still moist on top, add the smoked salmon pieces, press on salmon lightly. Place the pan under the hot grill to finish cooking 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, and then loosen edge with spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Garnish with red onion slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make pastry, sift the flour, add the caster sugar and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough beaten egg to bind the pastry. The pastry can also be made using a food processor.
- Cut a circle of parchment to fit a large pastry dish, sprinkle with flour, roll out the pastry on the floured parchment and then slide it into the dish and bake blind for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the ingredients for compote for 3 – 4 minutes.
- When pastry is baked, fill with the apple and cranberry compote.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. (Add the oats last if you would like them to stay coarse and be visible in the crumble).
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.