Makes 1 x 8″ CakeCarrot & Oatmeal Cake MixIngredients:
For Creamed Cheese/White Chocolate FrostingIngredients:
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 250g plain flour
- 1 &1/2 t spoons bicarbonate soda
- 380g sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 t-spoon ground cinna36
- 360g grated carrot
- 90g chopped pecans/ walnuts
- 100g butter
- 70g icing sugar
- 150g creamed cheese
- White chocolate to taste- optional
- Line an 8” cheesecake tin with greaseproof paper and pre-heat oven to 160*c,
- For the cake mix, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz well,
- Pour into the 8” cheesecake tin and bake for 45 minutes at 160*c until cooked. Insert a clean metal skewer or knife to check, if it comes out clean, it’s ready. It might “soufflé” near the top, and even a little over, but its fine, when it cools, it trims up quite easily.
- For the icing, cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer or by hand.
- Incorporate the creamed cheese and mix well.
- Slowly add the melted white chocolate to taste, if using.
- When the cake is cool, carefully remove from the tin. Cover evenly with creamed cheese/white chocolate frosting.
- Refrigerate until the frosting is slightly set.
- 75g sugar
- Water to dissolve
- 35g Flahavan’s Jumbo oatmeal
- Place the sugar in a small stainless steel saucepan
- Add just enough water to dissolve
- Cook on a gentle-medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy – it should still be clear
- Add the oatmeal to the pan and stir until the syrup is dissolved
- Transfer to a tray lined with greaseproof and spread evenly
- Place a clean stainless steel pan on a high heat
- Add the oatmeal and stir continuously. The sugars will begin to caramelize very quickly. When they are golden brown transfer to the tray lined with greaseproof immediately and separate as much as possible.
- Allow to cool – they should be nice and crisp.
- Sprinkle over top of frosted cake.