- Skill Casual
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 10 sweet basil leaves. torn
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile place pesto in a large bowl, stir in ½-cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and then toss with pesto.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make pastry, sift the flour, add the caster sugar and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough beaten egg to bind the pastry. The pastry can also be made using a food processor.
- Cut a circle of parchment to fit a large pastry dish, sprinkle with flour, roll out the pastry on the floured parchment and then slide it into the dish and bake blind for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the ingredients for compote for 3 – 4 minutes.
- When pastry is baked, fill with the apple and cranberry compote.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. (Add the oats last if you would like them to stay coarse and be visible in the crumble).
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Looking for healthy treat inspiration this evening? Why not try pizza for dessert…with an Oat based twist! The perfect midweek treat to keep those energy levels up! #Flahavans #Summer #PizzaParty
Peanut & Coconut Pizza
120g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
2tbsp peanut butter
2tbsp coconut oil
60ml golden syrup
25g pumpkin seeds
10g sunflower seeds
4tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 170°c / 150° fan / gas mark 3. Place the peanut butter, coconut oil and golden syrup in a small pan over low heat, stirring to melt everything together.
2. Place the Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers seeds, flaxseed and desiccated coconut in a mixing bowl and pour over the melted ingredients and mix together.
3. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose spring form cake tin and flatten down using the back of a metal spoon. Push the mixture up slightly higher round the edges to form an indentation for the toppings.
4. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until tinged golden brown round the edges. Leave to cool before removing from the tin.
5. Cut into eight wedges then spoon over the yoghurt (we love coconut yoghurt!) and spread out into an even layer. Top each slice with freshly cut fruit of your choice and enjoy!