- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Add more milk to adjust consistency.
- Pour into two tall glasses and serve.
Think you’re looking at an indulgent desert? Think again! We love Roz Purcell’s Simple Oat Pancake recipe. Try it out today! PS. That’s Greek Yougurt not whipped cream!
50g Flahavan’s Oats
1 1/2 tbsp Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder (regular will work also)
1 scoop (30g) protein powder (optional)
Coconut oil, for frying
1 tub Greek yogurt
1 To make the oat pancakes, blend all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor until smooth.
I use my NutriBullet for this.
2 Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, then wipe it out with kitchen paper.
3 Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan – it’s a thick batter, so make small pancakes.
4 Cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown and ready to be turned. Flip over and cook for 1–2 minutes more, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5 Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and fresh berries.
- 100g (3½ oz) Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
- 50g (1¾ oz) chopped walnuts/pecans
- 200g (7 oz) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g (7 oz) grated carrot
- 125g (4¼ oz) vegetable oil
- 125g (4¼ oz) self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 50g (1¾ oz) butter
- 75g (2½ oz) icing sugar
- 50g (1¾ oz) cream cheese
- orange zest
- 50g (1¾ oz) Flahavan’s Jumbo Organic Oats
- 25g (1 oz) honey
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- orange segments
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas mark 4).
- Blitz the porridge oats in a food processor for approximately 1 minute until they are quite fine.
- Add all the other ingredients and blitz well.
- Pour the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin lined with parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 1- 1¼ hours – lowering the temperature if baking too quickly.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and orange zest together in a bowl and spread over the cooled cake.
- Put the jumbo oats into a bowl. Add the sunflower oil and honey and mix well.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake at 150°C (300°F/Gas mark 2) for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle over the iced carrot cake and decorate with orange segments.
We are sharing Mary Flahavan’s definitive guide to making the perfect bowl of porridge, as it’s been handed down through the Flahavan’s family for seven generations.#PerfectPorridge #FlahavansPorridge #NationalPorridgeWeek
The Perfect Porridge Recipe…
(Porridge on the hob with 3 topping variations)
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
120g Flahavan’s Oats
875mls of whole milk
Makes 3 x 40g servings on the hob.
Stir oats into milk.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
Pour porridge into serving dish.
Serving suggestion 1
Top with greek yoghurt, mixed berries, coconut flakes, chia seeds
Serving suggestion 2
Top with peanut butter, grated dark chocolate and a chopped banana
Serving suggestion 3
Top diced apple, dried cranberries, honey and cinnamon