- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” cake pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the matcha powder and water until combined (mixture will be thick). Scrape matcha mixture into bowl with Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar. Pour in egg yolks and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Stir into cake batter.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into cake batter until completely combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and level top of cake with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- When ready to frost the cake, remove the cake from the pan and discard the parchment paper. Whisk together mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. Garnish with edible dried flowers, if desired.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon