- 8 egg whites
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 teasp. white wine vinegar
- 1 teasp. vanilla extract.
Summer Fruits & Cream Filling
- 400g strawberries
- 200g raspberries
- 200g blueberries
- 200g blackberries
- 250g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 250g Compsey Greek-style yoghurt
- Grated rind of one lemon
For the meringues
Set the oven to 100ºC and line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Combine the egg whites, sugar, vinegar and vanilla extract. In the electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, beat the whites into stiff shiny peaks. Using a piping bag, pie mounds of meringue 7cm in diameter and 7 cm high onto the baking sheets. Bake for about 2 hours. Cool to room temperature.
Prepare the fruit and add half the berries to a medium saucepan, add the sugar and lemon juice and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Process the fruit mixture. Set aside.
Whisk the mascarpone, yoghurt and lemon rind together.
Tap the centre of each meringue to form a nest. Warm the coulis in a saucepan. Turn off the heat and add the remaining whole berries. Spoon the cream filling into the centre of each meringue, followed by several spoonfuls of the fruit.
- ¾-1 pint (1½ – 2 cups/350-475ml) of milk (according to desired consistency)
- 4oz (1⅓ cups / 110g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 tbsp. cranberries
- Toasted flaked almonds to sprinkle
- Place the oats and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Grate in the orange zest.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Place in a bowl and serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.