- kerrygoldusaHomemade strawberry #cheesecake spread on top of buttery brioche toast. The perfect way to change up your #breakfast routine or add a sweet treat to Sunday #brunch. #Kerrygold
2 slices of brioche bread (1″+ thick)
3 tablespoons Kerrygold Salted Butter
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons powdered sugar (can substitute honey or coconut sugar)
1/4 teaspoon orange zest (or orange blossom water)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Coarse sugar, optional
Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
Butter each side of the bread, saving 1 tablespoon of the butter for the skillet. Sprinkle the bread with granulated sugar. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the hot skillet, and then add the bread to the skillet. Toast the bread on each side until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
Meanwhile, slice the strawberries and toss them with 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar. Set aside.
In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and orange zest until fluffy.
Remove the toast from the skillet, and top each slice with the cheesecake filling, followed by the strawberries. I like to sprinkle coarse sugar on top before serving, but it’s optional.
- hezzidThese look amazing
- 150g Keelings strawberries, hulled & sliced.
- 150 ml Avonmore Double Cream.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon curd.
- 350g ready-made shortcrust pastry.
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam.
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Roll pastry out on a floured surface until it is about 1/4 of a cm thick. Cut pastry into 4 circles.
2. Flour a baking tin and place pastry rounds onto it. Place a square of parchment in each pastry round and fill with rice. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven – discard the parchment and rice -and leave to one side to cool.
3. Whisk the Avonmore double cream until it begins to thicken, add in the lemon curd and mix together.
4. Spoon the cream into the 4 pastry cases. Arrange the Keelings strawberries over the Avonmore lemon cream.
5. In a small bowl mix the jam with 1 tablespoon of water – brush the resulting psate over the strawberries.
Serve & Enjoy. 🙂
Recipe Courtesy of Keelings