Great as a salad served with barbecue food
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
- 500g/1 lb very small new potatoes
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- Salt and a little freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives or fresh parsley or both
- (If you can’t get fresh herbs you can now buy frozen parsley and chives in the supermarket)
Scrub the new potatoes and cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoonfuls of the oil and fry the strips of pepper in it.
When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and put them together with the onion in a bowl.
Add another tablespoonful of oil to the peppers in the pan and pour them over the potatoes.
Toss, season with salt and pepper and garnish with the chopped herbs.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving