Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup, jarred roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 Fresh basil, sliced thin
- Combine the shrimp with ¼ cup pesto; marinate for 20 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding squash the last minute of cooking. Drain
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; add the shrimp. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through, until opaque. Add drained pasta and squash
Protein-packed quinoa and grass-fed Kerrygold Irish cheese are a natural pair that will lure your entire household into the kitchen with the aromas they create together. This whole grain vegetarian dish holds its own as a main course but also makes a delightful side to lean meat, chicken or fish.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Kerrygold Reduced FatDubliner Cheese
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
Combine onion, quinoa, bell pepper, Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, egg and egg whites, garlic and chili powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl and mix gently with a spoon or spatula. Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Using a 1/2-cup measuring cup, measure half cup portions of the quinoa mixture and turn out into the pan, flattening each until 1/2-inch thick. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottom is browned and the cake is firm. Flip cakes over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Top each serving with half the chopped avocado and tomato, dividing equally. If serving as individual cakes, top each with 1 tablespoon of chopped avocado and tomato.
175g/6oz Odlums Gluten Free White Bread Mix
1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
400g Tin Roma Chopped Tomatoes
125g/4oz Goats Cheese, crumbled
1 Red Pepper, diced
50g/2oz Shamrock Pine Nuts
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 25cms-28cms/ 9”-10” pizza tin.
2. Put the bread mix into a mixing bowl, add the water and oil and mix to a batter.
3. Transfer to the prepared tin and spread out evenly.
4. Bake for 10 mins in the preheated oven.
5. Remove from oven and spread over the chopped tomatoes, cheese and diced peppers.
6. Return to oven for a further 10 mins until cheese is melted.
7. Finally sprinkle Pine Nuts on top and return for 2-5 mins.
8. Serve hot with a green salad.