[AD] Recipe 2 in my ‘Celebrating Strawberry Season’ campaign with
@bordbia is a Strawberry & Mint Sorbet!! All you need is a blender, a freezer & the finest local strawberries you can find Get the full recipe here: https://delalicious.com/quick-easy-strawberry-mint-sorbet/#Delalicious … #celebratestrawberryseason #spon
A @glenilenfarm Rhubard & Natural Live Yogurt Pot is the BEST snack money can buy!
#glenilenfarm #glenilenfarmyoghurt #rhubarb #naturalliveyoghurt #naturalyoghurt #healthy #bioflora #goodbacteria #healthygut #guthealth #protein #fruit #yum #familyfarm #countycork #cork #ireland #dairy #best #snacks #foodporn #realfood
Kathryn has shared her easy-to-follow tips for keeping healthy in the office: • Always keep a water bottle at your desk
• Take the stairs instead of the lift
• Host walking or standing meetings
• Stand instead of sitting for phonecalls
• Take your lunch and get out for a quick walk to re-energise
• Team up with your colleagues to sign up for a park run or challenge
And of course, kick start your working day with nutritious and delish Flahavan’s Quick Oats!
Oatmeal bars (or just oats in general) are great for boosting your energy and giving you a much-needed top up of fibre, known to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. And apart from being full of health-benefits, added with flavours of cinnamon and vanilla, these oatmeal bars make a tasty snack to eat on the go anywhere.
- 2 sticks (226g) unsalted room temp butter
- 2 x 2/3 cups of white sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 big jar black cherry preserve
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF / 175ºC.
- Grease a baking pan (I used a 20 x 20 cm / 8 x 8 in) with butter and leave to the side.
- Cream the butter and sugar together really well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread the preserves over it in an even layer.
- Crumble the remaining mixture, with your hands, over the raspberry preserves.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.
If you can’t get hold of any Black Cherry preserve then it’s just as easy to make your own – if not easier as you don’t need to leave the house! All you need is pitted black cherries, sugar and lemon. Glaze the cherries with sugar and leave for a couple of hours then simmer on a low heat for 1 hour.
Bainne, Lakeland Dairies, Killeshandra,Co.Cavan.