Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil to cook the pasta.
Meanwhile, grate the cheese and place it in a serving bowl.
In a small sauce pan, melt the cream and butter together. Do not bring to a boil—just keep it warm.
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
Drain the pasta (reserving some of the cooking water, just in case).
Add the hot pasta to the serving bowl with the grated cheese. Toss, toss, toss.
Drizzle in the melted butter and cream mixture, and toss again.
Taste, and add salt, pepper, and additional pasta cooking water to taste.
Chef Anna Haugh
- Skill Casual
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 10 sweet basil leaves. torn
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile place pesto in a large bowl, stir in ½-cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and then toss with pesto.
Chef Anna Haugh
- 200g Tagliatelle or 150g Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 50g Pitted Black Olives, quartered
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 75g Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. Cook pasta as per pack instructions. Drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and leave to one
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and then add onion followed by garlic. Fry for 2 minutes,
add red peppers & continue to cook for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat and add cooked pasta to the frying pan. Stir in olives, basil, cherry and sundried
4. Transfer to a serving dish, top with Avonmore Grated Cheddar & Mozzarella cheese and scatter
with rocket leaves.
5. Season with cracked black pepper & serve immediately.