Bored of porridge? How about a bowl of ‘zoats’ instead? Now oats mixed with ZUCCHINI is on the rise as a fibre-filled (and very Instagram-friendly) breakfast
- Zoats – ‘zucchini mixed with oats’ – are the new way to have a healthy start
- Because the zucchini is filled with fibre, it offers a nutritious alternative
- The breakfast trend has stormed Instagram, with a series of toppings
- People like the new way to eat oats, because it’s healthy and also delicious
This classic dish is surprisingly simple and quick to make.
Serves 2 as a starter, 1 as a main course
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1kg mussels
- A knob of butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 60mls white wine
- Chopped parsley
Place the mussels in a large bowl of cold water. Use a small knife to remove any barnacles and pull away the beard. Discard any mussels that are damaged or won’t close when tapped.
Set a large saucepan over a medium heat. Melt the butter. Add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. They should soften but not brown. Add the wine and mussels, turn the heat up to high and cover tightly with a lid. Allow the mussels to cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time to ensure they cook evenly. Discard any that have not opened.
Remove the pan from the heat to stop the mussels cooking any further. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, then spoon them into warmed bowls and pour over the pan juices.
Serve with lots of crusty bread.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
The Tuscan flavors of warm bruschetta topped with bubbling Irish cheese – truly a taste to behold. This pizza is a wonderful oven-baked twist on the traditional appetizer, making a perfect shared starter or a meal of its own.
- 2 cups seeded, diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 (7-oz.) package Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar Cheese