Here’s a modern twist on an old favourite, Dairygold Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, proven to please even the fussiest of eaters!
- 2-3 tbsp Dairygold
- 1.5lbs or 800g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C. Melt the Dairygold in a pan before tossing the halved sprouts in. Season with salt and pepper.
Line an oven tray with tinfoil and spread the sprouts in an even layer. Sprinkle with the diced bacon. Cook for 30-35 minutes turning a few times. When ready, toss into a serving bowl and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
The best and quickest meal you can imagine. Great any time of the day!
Cooking time: 15 min
- 2 tablesps olive oil
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 2 x 250g bags of baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 5-6 eggs
- Good handful of regato or other hard cheese
- Knob of butter
- 2 to 3 teasps. Balsamic vinegar
Heat the grill. Heat a tablesp. of the oil in a large non stick pan , add the scallions and half the spinach . Stir-fry for 2-3mins until they soften. Tip into a colander and press down to squeeze out the excess moisture. Beat the eggs and cheese and then add in the spinach mixture & stir well.
Reheat the pan adding the knob of butter, pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring gently until well set on the base. Finishing cooking under the grill.
Slide onto a large plate for serving or cut into wedges and serve from the pan.
Mix remaining spinach with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season lightly and serve with the omelette and some crusty bread.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Energy: 281 kcal
- 2 lemon grass stalks, finely chopped
- 225g sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 300g blackberries
- 300g raspberries
- 300g strawberries, halved and quartered
- Organic natural yoghurt
- ¾-1 pint (1½ – 2 cups/350-475ml) of milk (according to desired consistency)
- 4oz (1⅓ cups / 110g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 tbsp. cranberries
- Toasted flaked almonds to sprinkle
- Place the oats and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Grate in the orange zest.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Place in a bowl and serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.