CategoryOur Top Picks
Cook Time40-50 mins
What you need:
- 115g/4oz Odlums Coconut Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 4 tbsp of water
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Apples (peeled & cored)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Beat butter/margarine, sugar and water together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Roughly chop 2½ apples and stir into the mixture, then transfer to the prepared loaf tin.
- Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes approx. Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- To finish, dust with sieved icing sugar. Enjoy!
Cook Time1 hour
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- ½ teaspoon Goodall’s Mixed Spice
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Sultanas
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 450g/1lb Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (runny)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the mixed peel, sultanas and walnuts, if desired.
- Mash the bananas with the honey, stir gently into the mixture with the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire tray to cool completely.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tin foil.