- Ready Time : 25 hour, 8 min
- Serves: 4
- 125g plain chocolate
- 250ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
- 1 egg
- Half teasp.vanilla essence
- 225g Avonmore Butter, softened
- 325g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teasp. vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teasp. bread soda
- 1 teasp. baking powder
- 100g nuts, chopped
- Break up the chocolate and place in the food processor. Heat the cream to almost boiling. Add to the chocolate.
- Buzz until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and buzz again until smooth. Pour into individual dishes and chill for at least 24 hours.
- Set oven at Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F). Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour, bread soda, baking powder and nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper. Place spoonfuls onto the sheet, leaving space between them.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet and leave to cool.
Courtesy of Bord Bia http://www.bordbia.ie