CategoryBreakfast & Snacks
Cook Time15 mins
What you need:
- 50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Ginger (optional)
- 225g/8oz Fresh Berries of your choice
- 125g tub Natural Yoghurt
- 200g tub low fat creme Fraiche
- Grated rind of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Mix oatflakes with 2 tablespoons of the honey and spread over a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for approx. 15 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Remove from the oven, mix in the ginger, if used, and leave to one side to cool.
- Clean and chop the berries.
- Mix the yoghurt and cr̬me fraiche with the grated lemon rind until well combined and sweeten to taste with the remaining honey.
- Layer the berries, oats and the yoghurt mixture alternately in a serving bowl or individual serving dessert glasses.
- Refrigerate for 1 -2 hours before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan with the sugar and golden syrup. Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the oatflakes.
- Tip the mixture into a swiss roll tin (22cm x 33cm, 9’’ x 13’’) lined with parchment and press it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked, coat with melted chocolate as a special treat.
- Cut into squares while still warm and leave to cool in the tin.
Pan-fried honey bananas anyone? Yes please! https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/pan-fried-honey-bananas/ …
Brunching today? Why not try this recipe from the canteen – Wild Mushrooms on Sourdough with Crispy Poached Egg & Hollandaise. Believe us when we tell you, it’s a good’un… https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/recipes/recipe/somerset-wild-mushrooms-on-grilled-sourdough-with-crispy-poached-eggs-and-hollandaise-sauce/ …