about 15 minutes
4 servings, 1 skewer per serving.
As if melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter wasn’t enough to make the perfect shrimp, our Garlic & Herb Butter adds aromatic flavor that truly brings this dish to life. Coupled with the zing of citrus and fresh ginger, this light seafood skewer really sizzles.
- 4 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 24 large or 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, julienne vegetables and cilantro leaves (optional)
Cut the bottom 1/3 off each lemongrass stalk, then cut in half horizontally (reserve tops to use as skewers). Pull out tender centers and finely chop enough to make 2 tablespoons. Make a small slit in each shrimp and thread equal amounts onto lemongrass skewers; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter. Add lemongrass and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add sherry, lemon juice and honey and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes; stir in salt. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grill shrimp over medium coals for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until shrimp is lightly charred and is completely pink and cooked through. Place skewers over noodles or rice and vegetables, if you like, and drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
For the Pudding:
125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Butter (softened)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 large Eggs (beaten)
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
125g /4oz Plain Chocolate (melted)
50g Shamrock Pecan Nuts (chopped)
For the sauce:
125g/4oz Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
30ml/2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Butter and line the base of a 900ml / 1 ½ pint pudding bowl with a circle of greaseproof paper or butter wrapper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time (add a spoonful of flour if the mixture begins to curdle).
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the mixture with the melted chocolate, chopped pecans and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl and cover with a round of greased and pleated greaseproof paper tied securely with fine string. Cover with pleated foil.
- Steam for 1 ½ hours (see directions below) until the pudding is risen and firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- For the chocolate sauce, place all the ingredients in a heat-proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and stir to make a smooth sauce.
- Turn the pudding out on to a plate, while warm. Pour over some of the chocolate sauce and serve the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!