- kerrygoldusaHomemade strawberry #cheesecake spread on top of buttery brioche toast. The perfect way to change up your #breakfast routine or add a sweet treat to Sunday #brunch. #Kerrygold
2 slices of brioche bread (1″+ thick)
3 tablespoons Kerrygold Salted Butter
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons powdered sugar (can substitute honey or coconut sugar)
1/4 teaspoon orange zest (or orange blossom water)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
Coarse sugar, optional
Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
Butter each side of the bread, saving 1 tablespoon of the butter for the skillet. Sprinkle the bread with granulated sugar. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the hot skillet, and then add the bread to the skillet. Toast the bread on each side until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
Meanwhile, slice the strawberries and toss them with 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar. Set aside.
In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and orange zest until fluffy.
Remove the toast from the skillet, and top each slice with the cheesecake filling, followed by the strawberries. I like to sprinkle coarse sugar on top before serving, but it’s optional.
- hezzidThese look amazing
Granola Fruit Cups or Bars
Cook Time10-15 mins
What you need:
- 200g/10 oz Odlums Porridge Oats
- 50g/2 oz Sunflower Seeds
- 75g/2 oz Shamrock Pecans, chopped
- 125g/4 oz Butter
- 125g/4 oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Rowse Honey or Buckwud Maple Syrup
- 75g/3 oz Mixed Dried Fruit & Seeds (Shamrock Sultanas, Dried Cranberries, Goji Berries, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds)
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease a muffin tin or line a swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the oats, sunflower seeds and pecans together, put into a roasting tin and toast gently for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Put the butter, sugar, honey/maple syrup into a saucepan over a low heat. Gently stir until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and add to the dry ingredients, along with the remaining mixed dried fruit and seeds. Mix well until all the oats are well coated.
- For granola cups, transfer mixture into greased muffin tin. Press down well with hands dipped in cold water and hollow out the centre. For granola bars, transfer mixture to lined tin and press down well.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and gently cut into bars. Allow to cool and harden before removing from tin. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit or berries, drizzle with honey if desired.
Try these quick & easy nutritious Granola Fruit Cups, perfect for brekkie on-the-go http://odlums.ie/recipes/catherines-weekly-recipe-granola-fruit-cups/ …
We are sharing Mary Flahavan’s definitive guide to making the perfect bowl of porridge, as it’s been handed down through the Flahavan’s family for seven generations.#PerfectPorridge #FlahavansPorridge #NationalPorridgeWeek
The Perfect Porridge Recipe…
(Porridge on the hob with 3 topping variations)
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
120g Flahavan’s Oats
875mls of whole milk
Makes 3 x 40g servings on the hob.
Stir oats into milk.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
Pour porridge into serving dish.
Serving suggestion 1
Top with greek yoghurt, mixed berries, coconut flakes, chia seeds
Serving suggestion 2
Top with peanut butter, grated dark chocolate and a chopped banana
Serving suggestion 3
Top diced apple, dried cranberries, honey and cinnamon