Farmhouse Irish blue cheese made with grass-fed cow’s milk makes the perfect pairing for fresh grilled peaches. As an appetizer or a gourmet snack, they make for a sweet, creamy treat perfect for outdoor grilling. They can also be made on the stovetop using a grill pan for a year-round taste of Irish summer.
- 4 firm-ripe freestone peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz. crumbled Kerrygold Cashel Blue Farmhouse Cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey
Heat a gas or charcoal grill. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. With a melon baller, scoop out a little flesh to enlarge the cavity where the pit was removed. Brush peaches lightly with olive oil on both sides. Place peaches on grill, cut side down. Grill about 2 minutes or until grill marks form. Turn over and grill for 2 minutes more. Place peaches on a serving platter, cut side up. Fill holes where pit was removed with Kerrygold Cashel Blue Farmhouse Cheese and drizzle peaches with honey. Serve warm.
Queen Cakes, Fairy Cakes or Buns
CategoryBaking with Kids
Cook Time15 mins
What you need:
- 175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine (half a block)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- Glacé Icing or Chocolate Spread
- Hundreds and Thousands
- Glacé Cherries
- Ensure oven is fully preheated to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Next, put bun paper cases into bun tins.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter/margarine, eggs and water into a bowl. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into each bun case.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, decorate as liked with your favourite toppings.
So, so comforting.. homemade rice pudding. Zac wanted to make this last night but we didn’t have any pudding (pearl) rice, so he used Arborio risotto rice, and guess what: it was divine! Of course you can switch up the vanilla for cardamom, rose water, orange zest, saffron, cinnamon etc.. Here’s the recipe 👇🏽 #ricepudding #comfortfood #staysafe #comfortingpudding Baked creamy vanilla rice pudding
75g pearl rice/pudding rice
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 170’C
Place the rice and sugar in the pie dish, mixing together and spreading evenly over the base.
In a large saucepan, bring the milk and cream to the boil. Add the vanilla extract and carefully pour over the rice and sugar (I usually do this while the dish is sitting on the rack in the oven). Bake in the oven for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours or until the rice is tender, it’ll be golden on top.
Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of brown sugar, strawberry jam or poached rhubarb , plums etc. 💕
Orange zest and cinnamon with orange slices sautéed In butter and the pan deglazed with a little brandy 💃💃💃
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter or Margarine
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Apples (peeled & cored)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Beat butter/margarine and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the sieved flour and cinnamon, if used.
- Roughly chop 2½ apples and stir into the mixture, then transfer to the prepared loaf tin.
- Slice the remaining half apple into thin circles and arrange on top of mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes approx. Allow to stand in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- To finish, dust with sieved icing sugar. Enjoy!