- 1 3/4 cups (about 8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus additional for sprinkling over tops
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) cold Kerrygold™ Pure Irish Butter,
- cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, plus additional beaten egg for brushing over tops
Top your morning bowl of Flahavan’s oats with a sliced banana, dark chocolate chunks, walnuts, and a dollop of peanut butter for an indulgent yet nutritious breakfast.
If you’re after some asparagus tips to get everyone eating their greens, try this steam sautée method. It’s quick, simple and will give you perfectly cooked asparagus that’s delicious with most meat (especially chicken) and fish dishes.
- 60g / 4tbsp Dairygold or butter
- Shoots of asparagus (around 4 small handfuls per person)
- 100ml stock
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus.
Melt the Dairygold in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the trimmed asparagus and pour in around 100ml of stock.
Cover the saucepan, bring it to the boil and allow it to cook for 4-5 mins.
Serve with a pinch of salt and pepper and a dollop of Dairygold on top.