Everybody, 9-90, should know how to make an omelette, then dinner is only 3 minutes away. Here it is step by step.
- 3 Eggs
- 3 teasp. water
- ½ tablesp. fresh herbs, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Knob of butter
- A little butter
- 25g Oyster or button mushrooms, chopped
- 25g Farmhouse Cheese, grated
- Chopped tomatoes, basil, scallions
Prepare the Filling
A non-stick omelette pan is essential. Beat the eggs, water, herbs and seasoning together. Heat the pan well, add the butter, pour in the egg mixture. Work quickly, drawing the egg to the centre of the pan as it begins to set. This allows the uncooked mixture to reach the base of the pan. Continue until you have the omelette cooked to your liking.
Place the filling along the centre of the omelette. Starting at the handle, fold over the omelette by 1/3.Slide the omelette down the pan.
Then, with your hand under the handle, tip the omelette onto a warm plate, making the third fold. Sprinkle with finely grated cheese (optional) and serve with mixed salad leaves.
- 1 fl oz (30ml) (2tbsp) Sunflower Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 2 Sticks of Celery, chopped
- 8oz (225g) Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 3oz (75g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 8oz (225g) Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetable or Chicken Stock Cubes
- 50 fl oz (1.5 Litre) Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and stir in the oil until evenly coated. Add the oatflakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cubes and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend, season and serve.
- Garnish with cream and chopped parsley.