Neven Maguire’s Avonmore Cooking Cream Collection
- 250g linguini (good quality)
- 250ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra to garnish
- 150g sliced smoked salmon, thinly sliced into long strips (good quality)
- 150g prawns , peeled & cooked
- 4 tbsp torn fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the linguini in a large pan of boiling salted water – the bigger the pan the less chance of sticking and it is a good idea to give this type of pasta a stir occasionally. This can take between 3-5 minutes from boiling – check with the packet instructions, they all vary.
- Pour the cream into a pan and bring to the boil, then boil for 2-3 minutes to thicken slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan, then season with pepper. The heat of the cream should melt the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the Parmesan cream, finally fold in the smoked salmon and prawns and basil until well combined. Divide among warmed pasta bowls and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and basil. Give each one a good grinding of black pepper and serve immediately.
Very good, easy to prepare starter, potato cakes can be made ahead and reheated
- 450g cooked, mashed potatoes
- 75g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablesp. scallions, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- 50g butter, melted
- 125 ml soured cream
- 1 tablesp. dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
Mix the potato, flour, eggs, scallions, salt, pepper, nutmeg and half the butter. Mix well together and shape into 12 small potato cakes. Heat the remaining butter in a non-stick pan and then cook the potato cakes until browned on each side. The cakes can be served immediately or kept overnight in the fridge. 15 minutes before serving reheat in a hot oven.
zestmylemonHappy Weekend! Brunching with a toasted onion bagel with @lovemyphilly cream cheese, @acmesmokedfish Brooklyn style smoked salmon, red onion and @mediterraneanorganic capers on one and avocado with @farmhouseculture garlic dill pickle kraut on the other, a @vitalfarms hard boiled egg and tomato slices! Have a wonderful day!
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablesp chives, chopped
- 1 tablesp basil chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 50g cream cheese, diced
- 75g smoked salmon, thinly sliced and chopped
- Red onion slices to garnish
- Salad leaves and bread to serve
Set the grill to high.To cook, whisk the eggs with the chives, basil and seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil. Pour in the egg mixture, stir for a moment or two, allowing the liquid egg to flow on to the base of the pan. Scatter on the cream cheese and continue cooking until the egg is almost set but still moist on top, add the smoked salmon pieces, press on salmon lightly. Place the pan under the hot grill to finish cooking 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, and then loosen edge with spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Garnish with red onion slices.