Coconut Yoghurt, Mango, Lime, Mint and Set Honey Toast
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Serves 2
- This recipe uses Spreadable Honey
- 2 slices of mixed seed bread
- 1 large mango cut into long slices
- 50g Rowse set honey
- Zest of 1 lime
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- 120g small pot of coconut yoghurt
Toastspiration! Bored of the being in a rut with your toast routine, print up this toast recipe and leave it in your kitchen so you can always be inspired to pimp up your toast!
Toast will never be the same!
Shelina Permalloo, Master Chef 2012 winner
- Spread the set honey over the toast then add the coconut yoghurt and then layer over the slices of mango, pomegranate seeds, lime zest, mint and a squeeze of lime juice.
Cook Time1 hour
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- ½ teaspoon Goodall’s Mixed Spice
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Sultanas
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 450g/1lb Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (runny)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the mixed peel, sultanas and walnuts, if desired.
- Mash the bananas with the honey, stir gently into the mixture with the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire tray to cool completely.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tin foil.