Cook Time1 hour
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- ½ teaspoon Goodall’s Mixed Spice
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Sultanas
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 450g/1lb Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (runny)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the mixed peel, sultanas and walnuts, if desired.
- Mash the bananas with the honey, stir gently into the mixture with the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire tray to cool completely.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tin foil.
What you need:
- 60ml Alpro Almond Milk
- 30g/1oz Coconut Flour
- Good pinch of Bread Soda
- 2 tablespoons Kelkin Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rowse Honey
- 1/2 Medium Banana Mashed
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- In a bowl mix Peanut Butter, Eggs, Honey, Banana and Almond milk until smooth
- • Add the Coconut Flour and the Baking Soda and Mix well
Medium Low heat, add 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a frying pan, flip it when the steam comes from the pancakes
- Serve with your favourite toppings
- 125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
- 2 Teaspoons Odlums Baking Powder
- 1 Egg (separated)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey
- 150ml/¼ pint Milk
- 125g/4oz Blueberries
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the bran and mix well.
- Add the pinch of salt to the egg white and stiffly beat. Mix the egg yolk, honey and milk together. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Finally, ‘fold’ in the egg white and the blueberries.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve hot or cold.
Serve with low fat blueberry yogurt.
Crème fraiche and fresh fruit
Drizzle with Rowse Honey.