CategoryCream Plain Flour
Cook Time18-20 mins
What you need:
- 375g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter
- 150ml/¼pt Cold Water
- 2 Large Cooking Apples
- 2-3 tablespoons Sugar, to sweeten
- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Demerara Sugar
- 175g/6oz Odlums Porridge Oats
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease two 12 cup bun trays.
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples. Place in a saucepan with sugar and a little water (2-3 tablespoons) over a low heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a mixing bowl, coarsely rub in the butter. Add sufficient water (about 150ml/¼pt) to mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead. Roll out pastry on floured board, cut out 24 discs and place in the prepared tins. Place in the fridge while making crumble.
- Put the flour into a bowl, add in butter and rub into flour with your fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in sugar and oats and mix together.
- Put spoonfuls of stewed apple into each of the pastry bases and then top with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with custard, a scoop of ice cream, freshly whipped cream or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.