What you need:
- 275g/10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 150g/5oz Shamrock Light Brown Sugar
- 125g Carton Natural Yogurt
- 2 Large Bananas (mashed)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 100g Packet Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 125g/4oz Chocolate
- 4 Tablespoons Cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 20cms/8″ round tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together. Add the yogurt, bananas, egg and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and bread soda into the mixture and mix well. Gently stir in the melted chocolate until it looks marbled۪.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to wire tray to cool completely.
- Warm the chocolate and cream until chocolate has melted. Stir well, and then allow to cool and thicken.
- Spread over cold cake. Cut into squares or slices.
To Decorate: Add some banana to the top of the cake