When it comes to pure and creamy butter, look for the shamrock! We’re proud to be able to offer the best butter from the Emerald Isle for front and back of house https://www.pritchitts.com/sites/all/files/site/butter-is-better-infographic.pdf …
Ballinamore GC. Lovely 😍 Leitrim
Baking with Kids
Cook Time15-20 mins
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- 75g/3oz Butter or Margarine
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Fruitfield Raspberry Jam
- Extra Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Mix to a fairly stiff consistency with the egg and milk. Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, spaced apart on the prepared tins. Makes about 12.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer buns to wire tray to cool.
- Brush the top with jam and dip in the extra coconut.