We got gold! Our Moovers Chocolate Flavoured Milk has been awarded gold by the
@BlasNahEireann -The Irish Food Awards. It tastes great and has added Vitamin D to keep bones strong
- 4 fresh bananas, sliced
- l 50g fresh walnuts, roughly chopped
- l Maple syrup, to serve (optional)
For the French toast:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 slices of thick white bread, cut in half diagonally
- 25g butter
Mix the eggs, milk and sugar in a shallow dish and beat well. Add the bread, then turn in the liquid until well soaked.
Heat half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, then add 2 triangles of bread and fry on each side until golden brown. Then repeat the process with the next 2 pieces.
Put two pieces of French toast on each plate, cover with fresh banana slices, drizzle with maple syrup and then sprinkle with chopped walnuts to serve.
Baking with Kids
Cook Time15-20 mins
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- 75g/3oz Butter or Margarine
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Fruitfield Raspberry Jam
- Extra Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease 2 flat baking trays.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Mix to a fairly stiff consistency with the egg and milk. Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture, spaced apart on the prepared tins. Makes about 12.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer buns to wire tray to cool.
- Brush the top with jam and dip in the extra coconut.