225g/8oz Odlums Gluten Free Tritamyl Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Goodalls Vanilla Essence
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
Grated Rind of Lemon
175g/6oz Icing Sugar
Juice of Lemon
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb Loaf tin.
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and next beat in the milk with vanilla essence.
- Gently stir in the flour until completely combined and finally stir in the poppy seeds and lemon rind.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking prepare the glaze by heating the sugar and lemon juice over a low heat stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved.
- When cake is baked allow it to stay in the tin to “set” for 10 minutes then pierce top of cake with a fork or toothpick and pour over the glaze.
- When completely cold store in an airtight container.
125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
150ml/¼ pint Milk (approx)
25g/1oz Caster Sugar
Above quantities may be doubled if you wish!
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in sugar, if used.
- Rub in margarine.
- Add sufficient milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Roll out lightly to 1” in thickness. Cut into scones with a cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on a floured pre-heated baking sheet/tray, glaze if liked with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 425°F/220°C/Gas 8 on upper shelf position for 10 mins. approx .
- Cool on a wire tray.
When Cool, Place Creme Fraiche, smoked salmon & a sprig of Dill for a really tasty healthy lunch alternative!