Think you’re looking at an indulgent desert? Think again! We love Roz Purcell’s Simple Oat Pancake recipe. Try it out today! PS. That’s Greek Yougurt not whipped cream!
50g Flahavan’s Oats
1 1/2 tbsp Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder (regular will work also)
1 scoop (30g) protein powder (optional)
Coconut oil, for frying
1 tub Greek yogurt
1 To make the oat pancakes, blend all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor until smooth.
I use my NutriBullet for this.
2 Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, then wipe it out with kitchen paper.
3 Add spoonfuls of the batter to the pan – it’s a thick batter, so make small pancakes.
4 Cook for 2 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown and ready to be turned. Flip over and cook for 1–2 minutes more, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5 Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and fresh berries.
Deep Filled Apple and Cranberry Crumble
Makes 8-10 servings.
160g (6oz) plain flour
55g (2oz) caster sugar
75g (3oz) butter
4 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
150g (6oz) cranberries (fresh or dried)
100g (4oz) caster sugar
2 tbsp. water
75g (3oz) flour
75g (3oz) butter
75g (3oz) brown sugar
75g (3oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make pastry, sift the flour, add the caster sugar and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough beaten egg to bind the pastry. The pastry can also be made using a food processor.
- Cut a circle of parchment to fit a large pastry dish, sprinkle with flour, roll out the pastry on the floured parchment and then slide it into the dish and bake blind for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the ingredients for compote for 3 – 4 minutes.
- When pastry is baked, fill with the apple and cranberry compote.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. (Add the oats last if you would like them to stay coarse and be visible in the crumble).
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.