Smoked Salmon Mousse with Cucumber Jelly & Lemon Froth By Kevin Dundon
- 200g/8oz smoked salmon
- 200g/8 fl oz fish Stock
- 100g/4oz Avonmore Butter, softened
- 200g/8 fl oz Avonmore Whipped Cream
- 2 Gelatine Leaves
- 1 tbsp pernod
- 100g smoked salmon
For the Jelly:
- 700g/1 ½ lb Cucumber to obtain 300ml/10fl oz Cucumber Juice
- 10g/ ½ oz sugar
- 1 tsp Gelatine Powder
- 1 drop green colouring
1. To prepare the smoked salmon, place on a chopping board and remove the skin, then slice into 2 inch slices, and set aside.
2. Place the gelatine leave in 100mls cold water and allow to dissolve.
3. Pour the fish stock and pernod into a heavy based pan and bring to the boil, add the smoked salmon and reduce the heat allowing to simmer for 5 – 8 minutes to infuse. Using a hand blender blitz until a creamy consistency has been achieved, add the softened butter. Remove the gelatine from the water, and discard the water retaining the softened gelatine leaves. Add the gelatine to the smoke salmon mixture whilst still warm and stir well to combine all the ingredients. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and allow to cool slightly.
4. Stir in the whipped cream and season to flavour.
5. Place the smoke salmon mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the small jars or ramekins.
6. Place the cucumber in a blender and remove the pulp onto a clean muslin cloth draped over a bowl. Squeeze the pulp to extract the juice from the cucumber and pour the juice from the bowl into a small pan and bring to the boil. Add the remaining ingredients and allow to boil for 2 – 3 minutes, set aside to cool. When cooled pour a thin layer over the salmon mousse mixture.
4.00 avg. rating (78% score) – 6 votes