In preparation for our bento super food boxes in our new Juicebar, we are running a week of recipes for you to try out at home. All packed with super foods to help look after your body’s every need.
Stuck for time and want to pick up bento boxes from us? You can help get things moving and get great perks here.
We’re starting you off with couscous burgers with corn, pine nuts & onion. Packed with onions, a great source of fibre & vitamins, pine nuts for vitamin E and corn for fibre, more vitamins & antioxidents to name but a few!
Recipe serves 6
- 2 cups cooked cous cous
- Small tin unsweetened corn
- Small white onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons gram flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Olive oil
- Rocket leaves
- Baby Tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
How to make it
- Dress your baby tomatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for ten minutes.
- Combine cous cous, corn, gram flour, onions, spices, pine nuts & almond milk in a bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper. With damp hands shape a small hand full of the mixture into patties. Roll the patties in a little gram flour to give them a light covering, shake off any excess flour.
- Gently heat your pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is warm pop the patties on and cook until golden brown on each side. Turning only once.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes, rocket leaves, a generous helping of avocado and a wedge of lemon to squeeze over your burgers.