Top your morning bowl of Flahavan’s oats with a sliced banana, dark chocolate chunks, walnuts, and a dollop of peanut butter for an indulgent yet nutritious breakfast.
Deep Filled Apple and Cranberry Crumble
Makes 8-10 servings.
160g (6oz) plain flour
55g (2oz) caster sugar
75g (3oz) butter
4 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
150g (6oz) cranberries (fresh or dried)
100g (4oz) caster sugar
2 tbsp. water
75g (3oz) flour
75g (3oz) butter
75g (3oz) brown sugar
75g (3oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make pastry, sift the flour, add the caster sugar and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add enough beaten egg to bind the pastry. The pastry can also be made using a food processor.
- Cut a circle of parchment to fit a large pastry dish, sprinkle with flour, roll out the pastry on the floured parchment and then slide it into the dish and bake blind for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the ingredients for compote for 3 – 4 minutes.
- When pastry is baked, fill with the apple and cranberry compote.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, sugar, butter and oats in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. (Add the oats last if you would like them to stay coarse and be visible in the crumble).
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
To get into the summer mood, we are bringing you a tropical tasty treat with the launch of our Date & Toasted Coconut Hi8 Muesli. Our new muesli is bursting full of flavour and better yet contains no added sugar so makes for the perfect treat any time of the day. Available soon in all major retailers nationwide. Let us know what you think of it! #Flahavans #Hi8 #NewProduct #TastyFlavours #Yum
- 1 fl oz (30ml) (2tbsp) Sunflower Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 2 Sticks of Celery, chopped
- 8oz (225g) Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 3oz (75g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 8oz (225g) Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetable or Chicken Stock Cubes
- 50 fl oz (1.5 Litre) Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and stir in the oil until evenly coated. Add the oatflakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cubes and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend, season and serve.
- Garnish with cream and chopped parsley.