If you’re after some asparagus tips to get everyone eating their greens, try this steam sautée method. It’s quick, simple and will give you perfectly cooked asparagus that’s delicious with most meat (especially chicken) and fish dishes.
- 60g / 4tbsp Dairygold or butter
- Shoots of asparagus (around 4 small handfuls per person)
- 100ml stock
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus.
Melt the Dairygold in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the trimmed asparagus and pour in around 100ml of stock.
Cover the saucepan, bring it to the boil and allow it to cook for 4-5 mins.
Serve with a pinch of salt and pepper and a dollop of Dairygold on top.
This scone recipe can also be made into one large loaf cooked on a baking sheet. Cut a deep cross in the center and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400ºF (200ºC), Gas mark 6 and continue to cook for another 20 minutes until the base sounds hollow when tapped.
- 2 2/3 cups (1lb) plain flour, extra for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp (1oz) Kerrygold Salted Butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup (8fl oz) buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kerrygold butter curls and strawberry jam, to serve