It’s good to see this, old cooling rack from “Lynch’s Bakery “ Killeagh. Co Cork that closed in the 70s , @jen.allennn left me 190 loaves to bake this morning . .
#learntocook #learnatballymaloe #cookerycourse #growcooknourish #12weekcookerycourse #cookery #cookingschool #cookeryschool #careerchange #cookingfromscratch #farmtofork #ballymaloecookeryschoolgardens
#giftvouchers #gifttokens #ballymaloecookingshool
#recipesthatwork #cookingcareer #knowwhereyourfoodcomesfrom #farmtofork
Cook Time1 hour
What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- ½ teaspoon Goodall’s Mixed Spice
- 125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Sultanas
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 450g/1lb Bananas
- 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (runny)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the mixed peel, sultanas and walnuts, if desired.
- Mash the bananas with the honey, stir gently into the mixture with the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire tray to cool completely.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tin foil.
350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
1 tablespoon Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
or Rowse Honey
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
300ml / ½ pint Milk
125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
2. Put wholemeal, wheat bran, sugar, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
3. Add the oil, milk and yoghurt and stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
4. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
5. Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
6. Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
The following can be mixed in with the dry ingredients:
50g/2oz Shamrock Apricots (chopped)
Handful of Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes or sesame seeds on top of bread before baking.