- 4 egg whites (room temp)
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 150g chopped hazelnuts
- 2 x 350ml pots Avonmore Caramel Whipped Cream
- 8 Ferrero Rocher
- 1 x small bar milk chocolate
- Hazelnut chips for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 140°C/120c Fan/Gas mark 1. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well until the mixture is glossy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix the cornflour & vinegar in a cup and add the chopped hazelnuts. Add this to the egg whites, and fold in gently – DON’T mix.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking parchment and use a palette knife to make a circle about 20cm in diameter.
- Put in the oven, turn the temperature down to 120C/fan 100C/gas ½ and cook for 1½ hours. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue inside until completely cold (you can make this the day before and leave to cool overnight).
- Carefully peel off the baking parchment and put the pavlova on a serving dish.
- Spoon the 2 tubs of Avonmore Caramel Whipped Cream over the pavlova and spread it out with a palette knife.
- Break up the Ferrero Rocher into small pieces & sprinkle on top. Melt the milk chocolate. Sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts (optional) over the top and drizzle with some melted chocolate.