- 200g Tagliatelle or 150g Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 50g Pitted Black Olives, quartered
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 75g Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1. Cook pasta as per pack instructions. Drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and leave to one
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and then add onion followed by garlic. Fry for 2 minutes,
add red peppers & continue to cook for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat and add cooked pasta to the frying pan. Stir in olives, basil, cherry and sundried
4. Transfer to a serving dish, top with Avonmore Grated Cheddar & Mozzarella cheese and scatter
with rocket leaves.
5. Season with cracked black pepper & serve immediately.
The delicate flavour of the scallops and the crisp pastry are a lovely combination
- 2 x sheets of puff pastry, each about
- 30 x 20cm (12 x 8 inches)
- Egg wash, made with 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp milk
- 8 fresh scallops
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp finely shredded tarragon leaves
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) lamb’s lettuce (mache) or baby leaves or greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5. Grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out the puff pastry and, using a 10cm (4-inch) diameter biscuit (cookie) cutter, cut out four large circles. Place them on the prepared sheet and brush with the egg wash.
- Slice the scallops into discs that are about 1cm (. inch) thick. Place them on the pastry circles so that they are slightly overlapping, drizzle with a little of the olive oil, sprinkle with tarragon and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the scallops are just cooked. Remove from the oven, drizzle with some more olive oil and serve immediately with lemon-dressed lamb’s lettuce and lemon wedges.
Neven Maguire’s Avonmore Cooking Cream Collection
- 250g linguini (good quality)
- 250ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
- 6 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra to garnish
- 150g sliced smoked salmon, thinly sliced into long strips (good quality)
- 150g prawns , peeled & cooked
- 4 tbsp torn fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the linguini in a large pan of boiling salted water – the bigger the pan the less chance of sticking and it is a good idea to give this type of pasta a stir occasionally. This can take between 3-5 minutes from boiling – check with the packet instructions, they all vary.
- Pour the cream into a pan and bring to the boil, then boil for 2-3 minutes to thicken slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan, then season with pepper. The heat of the cream should melt the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the Parmesan cream, finally fold in the smoked salmon and prawns and basil until well combined. Divide among warmed pasta bowls and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and basil. Give each one a good grinding of black pepper and serve immediately.