What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Rye Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 675ml/1¼pt Water
- Oil, for cooking
- 1-2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Avocado, sliced
- Poached Eggs
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- To make the batter, combine the flour and salt in a blender or food processor. Add the eggs and pulse together until the texture becomes raggedy.
- Gradually add the water, pulsing after each addition. The batter may seem a bit thin, but will thicken as it rests.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes, then stir. It should have the consistency of heavy cream. If you need to thin it out, stir in extra water a few tablespoons at a time.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a pan over a medium heat. Add oil to grease and pour just enough batter into the pan to provide a thin coating. Sprinkle with a few of the chia seeds and swirl the pan so the bottom of the pan is coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the underside of the crêpe is golden-brown, then flip with a spatula and brown the second side.
- Transfer to a plate to keep warm while you make the rest of the crêpes.
- Serve with sliced avocado, poached eggs and cherry tomatoes.
MacNean House & Restaurant