What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Rye Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- 675ml/1¼pt Water
- Oil, for cooking
- 1-2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Avocado, sliced
- Poached Eggs
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- To make the batter, combine the flour and salt in a blender or food processor. Add the eggs and pulse together until the texture becomes raggedy.
- Gradually add the water, pulsing after each addition. The batter may seem a bit thin, but will thicken as it rests.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes, then stir. It should have the consistency of heavy cream. If you need to thin it out, stir in extra water a few tablespoons at a time.
- To cook the crêpes, heat a pan over a medium heat. Add oil to grease and pour just enough batter into the pan to provide a thin coating. Sprinkle with a few of the chia seeds and swirl the pan so the bottom of the pan is coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the underside of the crêpe is golden-brown, then flip with a spatula and brown the second side.
- Transfer to a plate to keep warm while you make the rest of the crêpes.
- Serve with sliced avocado, poached eggs and cherry tomatoes.
For a protein-packed brekkie, made with just three ingredients, try this tasty avocado breakfast bake.
- 2 large avocados
- 4 eggs
- 4 rashers
First, fry the rashers, allow to cool and set aside. (For a healthy option, place your rashers under the grill and cook to your liking)
De-stone and cut the avocados in half, scooping out a little of the flesh so the eggs have room to sit.
Crack an egg into the centre of each avocado half.
Carefully place onto a baking tray so that the eggs dont spill out of the centre.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 205°C/400°F for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Top each one with two rashers, and season with salt and pepper.
Who said eating healthy had to be boring! – See more at: http://www.yourdairygold.ie/food-made-better/Avocado-Breakfast-Bake-
A healthy, vegetarian classic with Dairygold Lighter. Full of good fats and protein, it’s proven to please even the fussiest of eaters!
- Dairygold Lighter
- Half an Avocado, mashed
- 50g of Spinach leaves
- 15g of feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
Thinly spread some Dairygold Lighter on the outside of the bread, and place them on a hot grill.
Grill each side until toasted about 2 minutes.
Mash avocado with a fork, add the chopped spinach leaves, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and spoon it evenly in bread slices.
Crumbled the feta inside, slice and serve immediately!
Del Monte Fresh @DelMonteFresh ·
Looks delish! Quote Tweet
My Gluten-free Kitchen ~ Michelle @MyGFreeKitchen · May 15 Gluten Free Avocado Pesto Pasta Recipe – low FODMAP, vegan, nutritious https://buff.ly/2J3Ebxg @THEgfJules