- 4 sheets of frozen filo pastry, thawed
- Butter, for greasing
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Christmas Cookies
- 100g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml Avonmore Whipped Cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 410g tin of pear halves in natural juice, drained and roughly chopped
- 160g mixed berries
- 12 Christmas cookies
- icing sugar
- Preheat an oven to 170°C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Lay 1 filo sheet on a piece of waxed paper or tin foil. Brush thoroughly with some of the melted butter. Top with the remaining three sheets, brushing each one with butter.
- Cut the stack of sheets into 12 squares and tuck each layered square into a prepared muffin cup, pressing it in gently with your fingertips.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cups are crisp and golden, then remove from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove from the muffin tin and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C/gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to around 1cm thick.
- Using a star-shaped pastry cutter, cut cookies out of the dough and place onto the baking tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for five minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, mix the Whipped Cream with the cinnamon.
- Just before serving, place each cup on a dessert plate. Fill each cup with cream and top with a few pear slices and some berries. Dust with icing sugar and garnish each cup with a Christmas cookie. Serve immediately.
Per Serving 399kcals, 25.5g fat (15.7g saturated), 39.1g carbs, 13.3g sugars, 4.7g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.14g sodium