One for the weekend!
Two of our favourite things are oats and cheese. We can’t wait to try this recipe for Steal-Cut Oats with Maple-Roasted Apples and Cheddar. Sounds like the perfect Saturday brunch to us.
- 1 fl oz (30ml) (2tbsp) Sunflower Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, chopped
- 2 Sticks of Celery, chopped
- 8oz (225g) Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
- 3oz (75g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- 8oz (225g) Can of Tomatoes
- 2 Vegetable or Chicken Stock Cubes
- 50 fl oz (1.5 Litre) Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and stir in the oil until evenly coated. Add the oatflakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cubes and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend, season and serve.
- Garnish with cream and chopped parsley.
- 200g/7oz Odlums Pancake Mix
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 150ml/ ¼ pint Milk
- Oil for frying
- Put the pancake mix and sugar into a bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Beat until mixture is smooth. Cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Beat again for a few seconds before frying.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter into pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve hot.
- Serve hot with butter.
- Serve with Rowse Honey or Buckwud Maple Syrup
- Fresh fruit of your choice and cream or crème fraiche.
- Crispy bacon and maple syrup.
- Poached egg and Hollandaise Sauce.
- Gently stir in 75g/3oz blueberries into batter before frying
Or why not try some of our other tasty toppings Shamrock Pecan Nuts, Shamrock Chopped Almonds, Shamrock Chocolate Chips 100g