For a protein-packed brekkie, made with just three ingredients, try this tasty avocado breakfast bake.
- 2 large avocados
- 4 eggs
- 4 rashers
First, fry the rashers, allow to cool and set aside. (For a healthy option, place your rashers under the grill and cook to your liking)
De-stone and cut the avocados in half, scooping out a little of the flesh so the eggs have room to sit.
Crack an egg into the centre of each avocado half.
Carefully place onto a baking tray so that the eggs dont spill out of the centre.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 205°C/400°F for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Top each one with two rashers, and season with salt and pepper.
Who said eating healthy had to be boring! – See more at: http://www.yourdairygold.ie/food-made-better/Avocado-Breakfast-Bake-(1).aspx#sthash.sFwKtouA.dpuf
Total Time’5 Mins
40g porridge oats
150g Glenisk Greek 0% Fat Vanilla Yogurt
1 handful of ice cubes
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan with the sugar and golden syrup. Heat gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the oatflakes.
- Tip the mixture into a swiss roll tin (22cm x 33cm, 9’’ x 13’’) lined with parchment and press it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked, coat with melted chocolate as a special treat.
- Cut into squares while still warm and leave to cool in the tin.
Brunching today? Why not try this recipe from the canteen – Wild Mushrooms on Sourdough with Crispy Poached Egg & Hollandaise. Believe us when we tell you, it’s a good’un… https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/recipes/recipe/somerset-wild-mushrooms-on-grilled-sourdough-with-crispy-poached-eggs-and-hollandaise-sauce/ …