Before your resolutions start… Add chocolate to your oats! How delicious does this bowl look!?
- ¾-1 pint (1½ – 2 cups/350-475ml) of milk (according to desired consistency)
- 4oz (1⅓ cups / 110g) Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 tbsp. cranberries
- Toasted flaked almonds to sprinkle
- Place the oats and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Grate in the orange zest.
- Add dried cranberries.
- Place in a bowl and serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
For a protein-packed brekkie, made with just three ingredients, try this tasty avocado breakfast bake.
- 2 large avocados
- 4 eggs
- 4 rashers
First, fry the rashers, allow to cool and set aside. (For a healthy option, place your rashers under the grill and cook to your liking)
De-stone and cut the avocados in half, scooping out a little of the flesh so the eggs have room to sit.
Crack an egg into the centre of each avocado half.
Carefully place onto a baking tray so that the eggs dont spill out of the centre.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 205°C/400°F for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Top each one with two rashers, and season with salt and pepper.
Who said eating healthy had to be boring! – See more at: http://www.yourdairygold.ie/food-made-better/Avocado-Breakfast-Bake-(1).aspx#sthash.sFwKtouA.dpuf
- 4 tbsp Glenisk Organic Greek Style Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Cooked Beetroot, coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp Raw Carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Apple, grated
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sunflower or Pumpkin Seeds
- Zest + juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tsp Harisa Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the yogurt to the bowl.
- Grate over the carrot, beetroot and apple.
- Squeeze over the orange juice and harissa paste.
- Sprinkle over the zest.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Add the seeds on top and season.
Nutritional Information (per serving)